Saturday, December 27, 2008

between the buried and me - self titled (2002)

After watching BTBAM's new "Colors" live DVD I experienced some of the bands older songs from their first self titled album and was really surprised. For some reason I never bothered to listen to the bands first release, well that was a bad decision, because this album is awesome!

This record is a lot different than the BTBAM's more recent material. The self titled album is much more raw and although I hate to say it, has more of a metal-core vibe. No, but trust me it's good. Really good. 

After listening to this album it makes the bands more recent material even more impressive once you realize how they have progressed. The self titled album also features Tommy Rogers on vocals but he does a lot of different things not found in the bands recent material. In fact, I prefer Roger's vocals on this album.

Especially check out the song "Aspirations."

No comments: